Position: Seattle Rising Mentor Facilitator
The Seattle CARES Mentoring Movement Rising, a program of the National CARES Mentoring Movement, is currently hiring a part-time group facilitator. The facilitator works with volunteer mentors to conduct Wellness Mentoring Circles (WMC) with students in a middle school setting. The group mentoring sessions, which are for males only, are led by two facilitators. This is an annual contract position.
Facilitators will provide support, tracking, and implementation of The Rising program in 2 schools in Seattle. Lead and facilitate 2 weekly Rising groups during the school-day, utilizing the A New Way Forward Curriculum, participate in weekly team development meetings based on the curriculum .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to The Seattle CARES Executive director
- Leads in-class group mentoring by facilitating Wellness Mentoring Circles utilizing The Rising curriculum
- Collaborates with CARES Executive Director and Rising Team on Pillar curriculum development.
- Complete weekly WMC reporting protocols and ongoing tracking data collection utilizing CARES data base
- Updates and Reviews Weekly Wellness Mentoring Circle lesson plans with CARES team and send to Rising mentors
- Be present for all WMC Pillar Lesson planning and mentor trainings
- Assure group mentors have session lessons
- Assist with end of pillar mentor training
- Review student surveys
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent computer skills
Requirements: Qualifications ( Education, Experience , Skills)
Bachelor of Arts Degree (Preferred master’s degree in human services or related field) , successful experience in working with elementary and adolescent students with social – emotional behavioral challenges , strong collaboration and communication skills , and ability to be flexible in response to individual student needs preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of the most current Microsoft applications
- Ability to work flexible weekly schedule
- Commitment to diversity and all other values and ideals upheld by National CARES Mentoring Movement and Seattle Rising.
Workday and Compensation
This is a part-time position 10-15 hours per week.
Salary commensurate with experience
Return completed applications, with cover letter and resume to:
Hazel Cameron, Program Manager
Seattle CARES Mentoring Movement (SCMM)
1404 East Yesler Way, Suite #202A
Seattle, WA 98122